DEVINTEC SAGL respects your privacy (“you”, “your”) as a user of our website.
- What information we collect;
- Legal basis and purpose for collection;
- Sharing, storing and protecting your personal data;
- Your rights;
- Google analytics;
- Contact us;
What information we collect
We collect and process data, such as:
- your name and contact information as per your preferred contact method that may be: email address, address, phone number, fax, country;
- any emails or other correspondence you send us;
- information provided by you at the time of using the “Contact Us” function;
- information you provide if you report a problem with our Site;
- The services and information available on our Site are intended for persons 18 years of age and older. Any individual who requests information about a medicine indicated for use in children must be 18 or over.
Legal basis and purpose for collection
In accordance with data privacy laws, we can collect your personal data related to the processing operation that is required according to your relationship with DEVINTEC SAGL in the following situations:
- For legitimate business purposes: we collect your personal data to make our communications more relevant and personalised to you, and to make your experience of our services more efficient and effective as long as it is not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms;
- To perform a contract to which you are a party, or as a step prior to entering into a contract: we may need to process your personal data to provide a product or service you request;
- To comply with our legal obligations to which we are subject: we comply with laws, regulations and guidance, as set out in this policy, which are essential elements of the manner we conduct our business;
- You have given your consent: we may need to obtain your consent to allow us to collect your personal data for the purposes set out below.
We may use information held about you for the following purposes:
- to provide you with information, products or services, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes and where we are permitted to do so by law, including press releases and marketing information;
- to respond to reports of a possible side effect associated with one of our products and to monitor the safety of our products;
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations, guidance and demands or requests by regulators, governments, courts and legal authorities;
- for auditing, analysis and research to help us improve our digital platforms, content and services;
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective and efficient manner for you and device, including monitoring and analyzing usage and activities in connection with our digital platforms to improve the design and content of our platforms;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site, when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes to our Site and the materials on our Site.
Sharing, storing and protecting your personal data
We will retain your personal data for the period in accordance with our data retention policy which sets out legal requirements for retention periods, including legal actions or investigations, or for as long as required to provide you with access to services you have requested, for as long as reasonably possible according to the purpose for collection, or for as long as necessary to allow us to respond to your question or request.
We may share your personal data with:
- our agents, contractors and suppliers, including those who provide us with technology services such as data analytics, hosting and technical support;
- our business partners e.g. licensing partners and distributors;
- regulators, governments and legal authorities as required in compliance with the applicable regulation.
We transfer your data to service providers who support us in our operations and the associated processes under the scope of a data processing agreement which obliges our service providers to comply with our strict instructions and contractual obligations.
We use a variety of security measures and technologies to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction in line with applicable data privacy laws. We have implemented technical and organizational measures to secure your data.
Under data privacy laws, you have a number of rights with respect to your personal data as established under the GDPR. You may:
- ask us for confirmation or a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- request the correction and/or deletion of your personal data;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- request that we transfer your data to another company or back to you in a .csv or .pdf file;
- object to the processing of your personal data;
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data;
- complain to your local supervisory authority if you consider the processing of your data infringes data privacy laws.
We will respect your requests in accordance with our legal obligations. You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us.
The information generated by the cookies about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on its servers in the United States. We have activated IP-anonymization on this Site, your IP address will be truncated within the area of Member States of the EU. Only in exceptional cases is the whole IP address transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there (an adequate level of data protection is ensured because Google is a participant in the Privacy Shield Agreement). We have also concluded a contract with Google Inc. (USA) for commissioned data processing. Accordingly, Google will solely use collected data to evaluate the use of the website and to compile reports on website activities.
You can withdraw your consent to the processing at any time. Please use one of the following options:
- you can also prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the Site and from processing this data by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
For more information, please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en or http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/privacyoverview.html (general information on Google Analytics and data protection). Please note that the code “gat._anonymizeIp();” has been added to Google Analytics in order to ensure anonymous collection of IP addresses (so-called IP masking).
You can also prevent the collection by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie is set to prevent future collection of your data when you visit the website: Disable Google Analytics.
- Assisting you in navigation,
- Assisting in registering for our events, login and your ability to provide feedback,
- Analysing the use of our products, services or applications,
- Assisting with our promotional and marketing efforts (including behavioural advertising),
- Offering content of third parties (such as social media content).
This Site uses the following types of cookies:
- single session cookie: enables this Site to keep track of your movement from page to page in order to ensure that you will not be asked for the same information you have previously given during your visit to this Site. We may use the cookie to enable you to return to a previous page, or analyse user behaviour, such as which pages have been visited during your visit, in order to improve your overall experience and the performance of this Site
- remember me cookie: enables this Site to remember your personal preferences such as log in details in order to improve the user experience for example by avoiding you having to re-enter these details on each visit to this Site
- global session cookie: enables us to collect information such as number of visitors to this Site, links clicked on, identify what links you used to come to this Site and pages visited in order to analyse user behaviour. This information is collected in an anonymous form and will be collated with similar information received from other users to enable us to compile reports in order to develop and improve user experience, for example, by displaying more tailored and relevant content. We might use these cookies to highlight articles, services available within this Site or adverts that we believe may be of interest to you.
The legal basis for processing is Art. 6 para 1 f GDPR, whereby our authorisation arises from the fact that, on the one hand, we have an interest in evaluating the Site data for purposes of Site optimization and, on the other hand, a concerned person can reasonably foresee at the time when the personal data is collected and in view of the circumstances under which it is carried out (in particular the above-mentioned measures) that it will possibly be processed for this purpose.
The single session cookie is a temporary cookie which remains in the cookie file of your browser until you close the browser. The other cookies will remain in the cookie file of your browser after the closing of the browser, and will become active again when you reopen this Site. The different cookies have different expiration dates. Following expiry of a cookie, a new version of that cookie will be downloaded when you next visit this Site, unless you have withdrawn your consent in the meantime. You can also delete your cookies at any time in your browser settings.
You do not have to accept cookies, but without accepting them you may experience reduced Site functionality. If you wish to reject the cookies, please go to www.allaboutcookies.org to see how you can turn off the automatic download feature. For more information about cookies, please go to www.allaboutcookies.org.